Cold noodles or lěngmiàn (冷面) is me and Royal Chef’s favorite dish to eat especially during summer as it doesn’t make you hot and it’s quite “refreshing”. Although I have to admit, I still eat lengmian even during winter, it’s just so good!
There are a lot of variants to lengmian. Those sold in 7-11 are quite good, but Royal Chef said it’s loaded with MSG; while the ones sold in Carrefour are ok, but they aren’t quite as tasty. The noodles also differ in size, shape as well as what it’s made of.
So here’s Royal Chef’s version.
1 cup chicken breast – cut into small pieces
Cucumber – shredded
Carrots – shredded
Cilantro – shredded
1. Fry chicken breasts in little oil until brown, set aside.
2. Boil the noodles for 5 minutes, drain, and then rinse with hot water to remove the starchy texture then rinse quickly with cold water to cool it down.
3. Mix sesame paste with hot water until creamy.
4. In a big bowl, place noodles, cucumber, carrots, cilantro, chicken, chili paste and sesame paste. This depends to your liking, you can also add some mushrooms, sprouts, spring onions or wood ear mushroom (tenga ng daga).
5. Top with black vinegar and soy sauce.
5. Mix thoroughly. Enjoy!
Shredded carrots and cucumber
Noodles – any kind will do.
Boil for 5 minutes or until cooked…
Rinse with hot water to wash the starch, then rinse with cold water to cool it down
Mix sesame paste with hot water to soften it…
Mix thoroughly until soft and creamy.
Top noodles with cucumber, carrots, cilantro, chili paste…
Then pour 2 tablespoons of vinegar and soy sauce.
Mix thoroughly and enjoyyy! =)