Possibly the easiest rice dish to make, as long as you have ready-made kimchi and of course the stone pot. Guess how much kimchi Chef bought last week? 1 KILO. wtf? Someone got carried away with the kimchi!! 30+ RMB for a kilo??
Ingredients: Serves 2
1 leek or onion – chopped
2 cloves garlic – chopped
Kimchi – as much as you want
tofu (optional) – cubed
1 tsp oil
1. Heat up the stone pot, pour oil, fry the leeks/onion and garlic and mushrooms until soft and brown.
2. Fry the kimchi for 2 minutes and add water and bring to the boil. Cook for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
3. Add the tofu and warm it up for 30 seconds to a minute.
3. Remove stone pot from heat, BE CAREFUL as it’s VERY HOT!
4. Sprinkle spring onions on top, serve with rice and ENJOY!
Lovely kimchi goodness! Just be aware that kimchi stinks up your fridge bad. So store it in double plastic and lock box. We finished our kimchi within a week though.