Royal Chef first heard of Chori Burger from that Googa Mooga. He liked the video, as well as the idea of having chorizo (or longganisa) in a burger. I’ve already heard of chori burger from Boracay, but haven’t been to Boracay myself, so I didn’t pay much attention.
And if you haven’t heard yet, we’re married! We bought Royal Chef’s range just a month ago, but since we were busy with the wedding, now is the only time we managed to set the range up, and test it out! So what better recipe than to make chori burger!
Royal Chef’s idea of chore burger is sandwiching the chorizo patty with 2 beef patties. My idea of chori burger is mixing both meats together. So we made both!
Ingredients: Makes 6 patties
550g minced beef
10 pcs Longganiza – 4 Vigan, 6 Pangasinan
1/2 cup onions, minced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Lettuce leaves, Onions and Tomato to garnish
1. Fry the onions and garlic in oil in low heat until transparent, set aside to cool.
2. Remove skin from the longganizas and place separately in bowls.
3. Mix the onions in the beef bowl, and carefully shape them into patties. Do the same with the longganizas. It’s up to you how thick and wide you want your patties to be, we were able to make 6 patties.
4. Fry the patties in high heat for 3-5 minutes each side then pop them in the oven for about 5-6 minutes.
5. Let the patties rest and assemble your own burger! Enjoy!
The patties were a little bit burnt because we left it on the pan and oven longer than we wanted, plus we are still getting used to the heat of the gas range in general. Hopefully, the next meal would turn out better. 🙂
Happy new year everyone!